cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
(15 oz) cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
cup fresh green beans cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 ounces)
teaspoon black pepper
cup dried multigrain bow tie pasta
medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
(14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic undrained
In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, and onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth, cannellini beans, chicken, green beans, and pepper. Bring to boiling; add uncooked pasta. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in zucchini. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes more or until pasta is tender and green beans are crisp-tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes; heat through.
Serving Size: 1 1/3 Cups
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- 2 1/2g
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- 75% less sat fat • 50% less cholesterol than the original recipe. Minestrone, an Italian vegetable soup, is a nutritious option for lunch or dinner. Use low-sodium chicken broth and boneless, skinless chicken breast to keep the sodium and calories in check.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups cubed potatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter or margarine in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots saute for a few minutes.
Add beans, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, potato, stock, garlic, parsley, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 1 hour until vegetables are barely tender.
Add pasta, and simmer for 30 minutes more. Correct seasoning, and serve hot with grated cheese.
Chicken Minestrone Soup
By Dana Published: December 10, 2014
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Can I just puuurrrty please dive head first into this pot on a cold, sleeting/freezing rain/snowy day and hibernate there until &hellip
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped spinach, drained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
Place the beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.
Transfer beef, onion, and garlic to a large pot. Mix in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, peas, carrots, spinach, bouillon cube, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add more water or tomato sauce as needed.
Stir macaroni into the soup. Season with Italian seasoning. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until macaroni is tender.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons unsalted tomato paste
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup water
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces uncooked alphabet or ditalini pasta (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Calories 297
- Fat 5.5g
- Satfat 1g
- Monofat 3.1g
- Polyfat 0.6g
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Cholesterol 38mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Calcium 72mg
- Sugars 8g
- Est. added sugars 1g