Strawberries, marshmallows, chocolate and caramel sauce replace traditional nacho toppings, piled on sweet and crunchy cinnamon-sugar pita chips – a super easy dessert ready in just 10 minutes.MORE+LESS-
cup semisweet chocolate chips
tablespoons whipping cream
bag (8 oz) cinnamon sugar pita chips
cup chopped fresh strawberries
cup miniature marshmallows
cup flaked coconut, toasted
In small bowl, place chocolate chips. In 1-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave whipping cream uncovered on High 30 seconds or until hot. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips; let stand 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth.
Place pita chips on large serving platter, overlapping slightly. Drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel topping. Sprinkle with strawberries, marshmallows and coconut. Serve immediately.
More About This Recipe
- Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, here's a nachos recipe that's just a bit outside the norm!
What happens when you combine crunchy taco shells, gobs of chocolate syrup and fresh sweet strawberries? We’ll tell ya … the easiest dessert out there!
Grab a box of crispy crunchy Old El Paso taco shells.
Break a few of ‘em up and throw into a plastic bag with some sugar and cinnamon.
Shake it all up making your very own cinnamon sugar dusted chips!
THEN, find yourself a big ol' plate to put them on, and top 'em with sliced strawberries and -- wait for it -- lots and lots of chocolate syrup! AND just to make sure, a good squeeze of caramel syrup, too.
This one's so easy and quick, you can make it right now!
Adam and Joanne think that once you’re finished munching all those nachos, you’ll definitely want more. For more inspiration, visit them at their blog Inspired Taste and their Tablespoon profile.
Strawberry cream nacho recipe dessert
Makes 4 servings
2 c. California strawberries
½ c. chocolate chips for drizzle (recipe below)
Dollop of whipped cream (optional)
Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips (recipe below)
3 med. whole wheat flour tortillas
⅓ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
The Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with non-stick spray. Cut tortillas into 8 triangles using a pizza cutter. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Using a brush, lightly brush melted butter onto both sides of the sliced tortillas and then toss the tortillas with the mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes on each side until desired consistency.
The Chocolate Sauce:
Melt the chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute watching carefully and stirring occasionally.
On serving dish place a layer of whole wheat cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. Then sprinkle strawberries and blueberries on top, then add another layer of chips and continue until you have used all berries. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the nachos. You can add a dollop of whipped cream to the top.
Strawberry Chocolate Nachos - Recipes
Today is the last day of school before the kiddos track out for 3 weeks. This last 6 weeks has flown by! Seems like yesterday I was making my sparkly-eyed girls this scrumptious treat for their first day after-school snack. I first saw this idea on Our Best Bites and fell in love. What better way to talk about your first day of school than over a plate of this deliciousness?! Yes, this IS as good as it sounds and looks, plus it is super simple to put together. Who was a ROCKSTAR, bestest-Mama-ever that day. this gal right here!
Strawberry Chocolate Nachos
Recipe Source: Our Best Bites
- Baked Cinnamon Chips*** (see super simple recipe below)
- Diced strawberries tossed with granulated sugar and left to sit for 10 minutes.
- Melted Chocolate Chips (your choice of flavor). Simply place desired amount of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second interavals, stirring in between until melted.
- Whipped Cream. I used the aerosol can stuff, but you can use fresh made or Cool Whip
***For the Cinnamon Chips***
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt 4 TBSP butter and mix in 1 tsp vanilla. Simply spread melted butter/vanilla mixture on top of some flour tortillas and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top. We liked it when we went a tad heavier on the cinnamon sugar than the ones we gave a light dusting.
Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 8 wedges. Place them (not touching each other) on an ungreased baking sheet (cinnamon sugar side up) and bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn! Remove from baking sheet and put on a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
These are AWESOME just eaten as a snack as well.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (18 ounce) package restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream, or more to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water and simmer until beef mixture has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
Set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Spread tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet top with Cheddar cheese and dot with refried beans and ground beef mixture.
Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, watching carefully to prevent burning, 3 to 5 minutes.
Top nachos with salsa, sour cream, black olives, green onions, and jalapeno peppers.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir the cinnamon into the sugar in a small bowl set aside.
Brush the tortillas with melted butter on both sides. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with cinnamon sugar then cut each tortilla into 6 to 8 wedges. Place the tortilla wedges onto baking sheets in a single layer.
Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. While the tortillas are baking, melt the chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat.
Spread half of the tortilla wedges onto a serving plate and drizzle with half of the chocolate mixture. Place the remaining tortilla wedges on top, then drizzle with the remaining sauce.
How to: Make cinnamon chips
Have you ever used soft tortillas to make chips? When I realized this little trick it was so funny to me how simple this was and how I never thought of it!
Using fajita-sized flour tortillas, cut into various triangle shapes.
Add to a gallon baggie and pour melted butter over them. Shake vigorously to ensure each triangle gets coated.
You can also use a basting brush and to brush butter over whole tortillas, and then slice. I just find the baggie version easiest even though it may not be perfect!
There may be a few pieces that stick together. After shaking a little, separate the stuck together pieces and continue shaking.
Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Then pour into the baggie and shake until dispersed. The triangles should be covered in delicious cinnamon sugar!
Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for 4 min. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Don’t fret if the chips feel soft, they will get more crispy as they cool!
Why Fresh From Florida strawberries taste so great
Turns out that there is a reason our Fresh From Florida strawberries taste so great. The Florida sunshine and the photosynthesis process helps the strawberries to produce sugar and the random chilly nights we have during this time of year helps the strawberries to retain that sugar, ensuring a sweet fruit everyone loves. I’m so thankful to the Florida farmers for making it easy for us to eat great tasting and fresh produce year-round.
And then I go one step further by making dessert nachos! This sweet treat is made with homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, Fresh From Florida strawberries (I purchase mine from Publix), melted chocolate, white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
It’s nothing too fancy and really the “hardest” part is making the tortilla chips and those just involve a quick process before baking them!
This is a great dessert that you can make quickly and easily, and then set out for everyone to enjoy. The star of these dessert nachos are the strawberries, of course. They are juicy and sweet and these dessert nachos would not be the same without them. You don’t have to do anything to the strawberries besides slice them they really stand up on their own in this dessert.
Plus, dontcha know that strawberries and chocolate are like the dessert form of peas and carrots – they go together perfectly.
So, remember to look for food, produce, seafood and those beloved strawberries labeled Fresh From Florida. These are going to be the berries that taste the best, are the freshest, and didn’t travel far before landing in your grocery store. We should absolutely be supporting the farmers who grow and supply these strawberries to us.
For inspiration, visit Fresh From Florida on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and check out their strawberry recipes page.
Sinfully sweet strawberry-chocolate pita nachos
Nachos get a sweet tooth makeover with strawberries and chocolate.
Nachos have come a long way since their fake cheese beginnings. While there’s still a place for savory versions (hello, perfect bar food), I’m loving this sweeter take on them lately for dessert.
The fruit topping choices are endless, but you can’t go wrong with the classic strawberry-and-chocolate combination. Be generous with the chocolate &mdash you wouldn’t want to pick up a naked pita chip from the bottom, now, would you?
We piled on the toppings to make the ultimate game-day snack.
How to make nachos:
Spread 8 cups of chips on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow dish. Add cheese and other toppings, then bake at 475 degrees F in the upper third of the oven until melted, about 7 minutes.
1. Tex-Mex Top tortilla chips with 1 can refried beans and 3 cups shredded cheddar. Bake, then top with salsa and pickled jalapenos.
2. Double Decker Make Tex-Mex Nachos (No. 1), but make 2 layers. Bake, then top with warm jarred nacho cheese sauce, salsa and pickled jalapenos.
3. Cajun Top tortilla chips with 3 cups shredded cheddar, 1 pound cooked diced andouille sausage and 1 cup each diced green bell pepper, celery and onion. Bake, then top with salsa and pickled jalapenos.
4. Jerk Pork Rub 1 pound pork tenderloin with 1/4 cup jerk seasoning grill, then chop. Top tortilla chips with the pork, 1 cup diced pineapple and 3 cups shredded pepper jack. Bake, then top with sliced fresh jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice.
5. Bacon and Egg Make Tex-Mex Nachos (No. 1), adding 1 pound crumbled cooked bacon with the beans crack 4 eggs on top. Bake until the whites set, 10 minutes. Top with sliced scallions and salsa.
6. Breakfast Migas Make Tex-Mex Nachos (No. 1). Meanwhile, scramble 6 eggs in butter, adding 1/4 cup each salsa and pickled jalapenos. Toss the nachos with the eggs and top with cilantro.
7. Greek Top 4 cups pita chips with 1 cup each hummus, diced cucumber, tomatoes and feta, 1/4 cup each chopped red onion and kalamata olives, some tzatziki and oregano. (Do not bake.)
8. BBQ Chicken Bring 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add 4 cups shredded cooked chicken heat through. Top tortilla chips with the chicken and 3 cups shredded cheddar. Bake, then top with chopped scallions.
9. Buffalo Chicken Make BBQ Chicken Nachos (No. 8) with wing sauce instead of barbecue sauce. Strain the chicken (reserving the sauce), and spread over ranch-flavored tortilla chips with the cheddar. Omit the scallions. Top with blue cheese, chopped celery and the reserved wing sauce.
10. Chicken Mole Make BBQ Chicken Nachos (No. 8) with mole sauce instead of barbecue sauce, and a mix of mozzarella and cotija cheese instead of cheddar. Omit the scallions. Top with sour cream and pepitas.
11. BBQ Pork Make BBQ Chicken Nachos (No. 8) with pork instead of chicken and pepper jack instead of cheddar. Omit the scallions. Top with pickles and red onions.
12. Chimichurri Puree 1/2 cup each parsley, cilantro and olive oil, 1 garlic clove and some hot sauce. Rub 1 pound skirt steak with half of the sauce grill and slice. Top lime-flavored tortilla chips with 1 1/2 cups each mozzarella and cotija cheese. Bake, then top with the steak and remaining sauce.
13. Veggie Top tortilla chips with sauteed sliced bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, red onion and corn, and 3 cups shredded monterey jack. Bake, then top with salsa verde and sour cream.
14. Butternut Squash Roast 4 cups diced butternut squash at 425 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Top tortilla chips with the squash, 3 cups queso blanco and 1/4 cup pepitas. Bake, then top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
15. Chorizo-Manchego Top tortilla chips with 1 can refried beans, 3 cups shredded manchego and 1 pound cooked crumbled chorizo. Bake, then top with pickled jalapenos, salsa and sour cream.
16. Mexican Corn Cook 4 cups corn with 1 teaspoon each cumin and cayenne in a skillet, 7 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup mayonnaise and some lime juice. Top tortilla chips with 3 cups queso fresco and the corn. Bake, then top with sour cream, avocado and cilantro.
17. Cheesesteak Top cheese-flavored tortilla chips with 2 cups each sliced roast beef and caramelized onions, and 3 cups jarred nacho cheese sauce. Bake, then top with hot sauce and pickled Italian peppers.
18. Four-Bean Top black bean chips with 1 cup each refried beans and white beans and 3 cups shredded pepper jack. Bake top with bean salsa and sour cream.
19. Chili-Corn Chip Top Fritos with 2 cups chili and 3 cups shredded cheddar. Bake top with pickled jalapenos and sour cream.
Food stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Robyn Glaser ,Food stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Robyn Glaser
Photo by: Jonny Valiant ©Jonny Valiant 2010
Jonny Valiant, Jonny Valiant 2010
20. Spinach-Artichoke Cook 2 garlic cloves in a pot with butter. Add 12 cups chopped spinach, 1/3 cup cream, 1 cup grated Parmesan and some Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook until wilted stir in 1 cup canned artichoke hearts. Spoon over chips sprinkle with mozzarella and bake.
21. Frank and Bean Brown 4 sliced hot dogs in a skillet add 1 can baked beans and bring to a simmer. Spoon over tortilla chips and top with 3 cups shredded cheddar. Bake top with scallions.
22. Duck Confit Brown 2 confit duck legs in a skillet until crisp shred the meat. Top toasted slices of baguette with 1 cup sauerkraut, the duck and 1 1/2 cups shredded Emmentaler cheese. Bake top with chopped parsley and cornichons.
23. Three-Cheese Top cheese-flavored tortilla chips with 1 cup each shredded cheddar, pepper jack and mozzarella. Bake, then top with warm salsa con queso.
24. Fried Chicken Heat 2 cups chicken gravy with a small can of chopped green chiles. Top tortilla chips with 3 cups each chopped fried chicken and shredded cheddar. Bake, then top with the gravy and scallions.
25. Shrimp Top tortilla chips with 1 1/2 cups each shredded white cheddar and muenster. Bake, then top with sauteed shrimp, diced onion, avocado and cilantro.
Food stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Robyn Glaser ,Food stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Robyn Glaser
Photo by: Jonny Valiant ©Jonny Valiant 2010
Jonny Valiant, Jonny Valiant 2010
26. Margarita Shrimp Marinate 1/2 pound shrimp in margarita mix with a dash of cayenne grill. Make Shrimp Nachos (No. 25) with lime-flavored chips and the grilled shrimp. Top with lime juice.
27. Crab and Corn Mix 8 ounces crabmeat, 3/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons minced chives and 1 teaspoon mustard. Spoon into tortilla scoops top with shredded monterey jack, then bake.
28. Naan-chos Cook 1 sliced onion and 1/4 teaspoon curry powder in vegetable oil. Add 1 can drained chickpeas, 1/2 cup peas, and salt mash. Spoon over toasted naan triangles with 1 cup mozzarella bake 2 minutes. Top with yogurt, chutney and cilantro.
29. Fajita Rub 1 pound skirt steak with cumin, cayenne, lime juice and olive oil. Grill with sliced peppers and onions. Slice the steak spoon the steak and vegetables over tortilla chips. Top with salsa and sour cream. (Do not bake.)
30. Skillet Heat 1 cup each diced dried chorizo and refried beans in a cast-iron skillet. Top with tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cover to melt. Top with salsa, pickled jalapenos and sour cream.
1.) Preheat the oven to 180ºC, Gas Mark 4, brush each wrap on one side with the melted butter and sprinkle with icing sugar. Cut each wrap into 8 wedges and place on 2 baking sheets, sugar side up. Cook for 4-6 minutes until crisp and lightly golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
2.) Meanwhile, place 75 g of the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and heat gently, stirring occasionally until dissolved.
3.) Place the marscapone in a bowl and whisk in the icing sugar until smooth. Then whisk in the chocolate.
4.) Place 50 g of the strawberries in a jug and blend with a stick blender until smooth, then add icing sugar to taste. Grate the remaining chocolate.
5.) Spread each of the cooled nachos with the cheesecake mixture and top with the strawberries. Arrange on a large platter, then drizzle over the coulis and scatter over the grated chocolate. Serve immediately.
6.) Discover new ways to wrap up mealtimes with Mission Deli super soft wraps. With Mission Deli super soft wraps you can create the most unexpected dishes simply and quickly. More information and wrap recipes can be found at Mission Deli
Strawberry Cheesecake Nachos: Delicious And Sweet.
*Recipe and Recipe photo by Mission Deli* *No Payment was received*
What do you think? Fancy trying these Strawberry Cheesecake Nachos out?
You Might Like:
What Fruit to Use on Dessert Nachos
I mentioned that I used strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and kiwi. I love the variety of color in that selection, but there really are no limits to the fruits you could use! Blackberries, watermelon, mango, peach, plums, grapes, apricots, nectarines… it’s a world of possibility.
Pineapple Delight Dessert Nachos – Pineapple, cherry, mini marshmallows, and banana, topped with homemade whipped topping.
Fall Fruit Medely Nachos – Apples, pears, figs, and pomegranate. Top with the cream cheese glaze and a few granola sprinkles.
Chocolate Dessert Nachos
One thing you might have noticed is that I did not use chocolate. When testing we found the chocolate to be a bit overpowering when paired with the gorgeous fruit. While it was pretty, it ended up tasting like a chocolate nacho. If that is what you are going for then you can easily warm some hot fudge and drizzle over top! If you want the fruit to be the star, stick to the cream cheese glaze which is a subtle compliment to the ingredients.