A cream soup that I really liked.
When time allows, I try to make something more special for lunch or dinner.
This time I said to try to make a cauliflower cream soup, but not to use sour cream, so what came out came out.
- 500 gr cauliflower
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cm ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- To serve: pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Cauliflower cream soup with coconut milk:
We dissolve the cauliflower in the bouquets that we put in cold water with a little baking soda. We let them sit for about half an hour.
In a pot, boil water with salt and add cauliflower. Let it boil until it is soft, enter the fork.
We take the bouquets of cauliflower and 2 tablespoons of soup and blend it until we get a fine cream.
Let's put it aside
We put pieces of ginger in a tablespoon of oil, I cut it bigger because I wanted to take it out. We add the cumin seeds and let them leave their aromas.
Remove the ginger pieces and add the finely ground garlic. Immediately add coconut milk, salt, pepper and blended cauliflower.
Let it boil and it's ready.
Serve hot with pomegranate on top and mint leaves.
Foodstory tested: Cream of potato and cauliflower soup
Because cold days require hot soups, we suggest you try this creamy soup recipe that will make you forget about the cold.
We tried hot pies and meaty dishes, but we missed a healthy portion of soup. Our favorites are cream soups because they are consistent and you don't have to run for cuts and dumplings on the plate.
We chose two of our favorite autumn vegetables: potatoes and cauliflower, from which to make a creamy soup, because their price is now low and because you can find them everywhere on the market. And I chose a recipe Cooking Light because we also liked the topping: cheddar, bacon and green onions.
Ingredients (for 8 servings):
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme (or dried)
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 800-900g cleaned white potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1.2 liters of concentrated chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 450g cauliflower cut into pieces
- & frac34 teaspoon black pepper
- 360ml skim milk
- 2-3 strands of chopped green onions
- 50g sour cream
- 60g cheddar head
- 4 slices of bacon fried and broken into small pieces
Saute onion, thyme and garlic with 1 tablespoon of hot oil in a saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the potatoes and concentrated chicken soup, & frac12 teaspoon salt, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, turn on low heat and simmer for 35 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaf.
Meanwhile, grease the cauliflower with the rest of the oil, a little salt and a teaspoon of pepper and place it in a tray on baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is browned. (We also tried the second option: blanching the cauliflower until it softens. It will not taste baked, but it saves at least 20 minutes)
Put the cauliflower and milk in a blender and mix until creamy. Repeat the operation with boiled potatoes and soup, in two tranches. He doesn't care at all. Mix them a few times, so that there are some pieces of whole potatoes left.
Put the cauliflower and potatoes back in the pot. Add the rest of the salt, pepper, & frac12 from the chopped green onion and sour cream. Stir until the cream is incorporated.
Serve hot soup with green onion topping, grated cheddar and fried and chopped bacon.
Verdict: We gave up the green onion and we added bread croutons greased with olive oil and browned in the oven. If you want to prepare the vegetarian version, use concentrated vegetable soup instead of chicken soup and give up topping.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Cauliflower cream soup with carrots and shrimp
That doesn't discourage me, I try and try, I have to manage to make both of them (child and husband) like it! Not for another, but I would also eat cauliflower with air & # 8230At dinner, I tried a cauliflower cream soup that I disguised in yellow, only the child will not recognize it! And what to see? He also asked for the second portion & # 8230
- 200 gr cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 white potato
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 BIO peeled shrimps
- 2 threads
- 2 cherry tomatoes
How I proceeded:
- I boiled the vegetables in enough water to cover them
- after they are cooked / soft enough, I drained the water, added the milk and blended to the cream texture
- I put the soup back in the pan, over medium heat, I added the oil and turmeric and I cooked another 2-3 & # 8242, enough to combine the tastes
- separately, I prepared the shrimps well cleaned and washed, on a baking sheet, in the preheated oven at 180 degrees, for 15 & # 8242
- I served the soup with shrimp, cepsoara and chopped tomatoes
* You can keep a part of the soup / water in which the vegetables were boiled, depending on how much liquid you want the soup or, depending on the taste, you can fill it with milk
CARROT FLAVORED SOUP WITH CAULIFINE AND COCONUT MILK
After the winter holidays I still didn't go shopping because I had various ingredients in the fridge / freezer and in the pantry that I decided to use before buying other foods.
Most of the time we have the impression that we have nothing to cook with what is in the fridge, but if we let our imagination run wild we will discover unique flavors and textures.
I had a generous amount of carrots and half a cauliflower that I added to the soup to save it, I had nothing else to get out of it. To these two ingredients I added flavors with which I gave a unique taste to the soup and I took out of the ordinary carrot a wonderful dish that was over.
Everything I used for this soup:
- 800 g carrots
- 1/2 cauliflower (about 300 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic (small)
- 1 red onion
- 400 ml coconut milk
Method of preparation:
I don't think it's a simpler food than a cream soup.
I chopped the ingredients, heated 2 tablespoons of olive oil and added the garlic, chopped onion and ginger along with the spices. I mixed for 1 minute, then I added the sliced carrots and the chopped cauliflower.
I filled it with enough water to cover all the vegetables and covered the pot with a lid.
I cooked the soup over medium heat for about 30 minutes, and at the end I added canned coconut milk.
Don't forget to taste to match the spices, especially salt and if you don't find it hot enough you can add ginger or hot pepper flakes. I added them as a topping.
I transferred the soup to a blender and pulsed at high speed until all the ingredients turned into a fine and creamy composition.
Until the soup was ready I cleaned with a peeler 2 parsnips, then I cut each strip long into a thin thread. I put the parsnips in a bag and kept them in the freezer for a while.
After the soup was ready, I heated a pan with oil and added a handful of parsnips straight from the freezer. In a few seconds it turned a little golden.
I took it out on paper to drain the oil and I used these chips as a topping for the soup.
At the end you can sprinkle with lemon to balance all the flavors.
It's a wonderful soup for me. Not just easy to prepare. It is a tasty, flavorful and delicious soup. It is filling and can be served with many topping options.
* Crispy bacon is definitely another tasty choice.
* But also the parsley salad with peppers and garlic (a kind of chimichurri) fits perfectly.
Slow Cooked Turkey Recipe with Balsamic Vinegar at Slow Cooker 4.7L Digital Crock-Pot by Teo's Kitchen
Beef broth recipe in Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Diva in the kitchen
Roast Chicken Cooking Recipe for Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Readings and Flavors
Mushroom recipe in butter and garlic sauce at Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7 l Digital by Readings and Flavors
Apple and quince breaded cutlet recipe at Slow Cooker Crock Pot 4.7 L Digital by Diva in the Kitchen
Pork cutlet recipe for Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Teo's Kitchen
Recipe minestrone the Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Teo's Kitchen
Wasp nest recipe at Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Teo's Kitchen
Cauliflower cream soup with coconut milk
A not too big cauliflower a white part zucchini from 2 leeks a small bunch of larch (or other greenery you like) a bay leaf 400ml coconut milk (canned) a tablespoon of cornstarch salt white pepper or black nutmeg.
Method of preparation
We wash the cauliflower and divide it on the bouquets of zucchini, clean it and cut it into slices, cut the leek in half, lengthwise and then cut it into 10 cm segments. Put the vegetables in a pan and cover them with cold water. We put the larch connection so whole and tied, so that we can easily remove it after boiling. We also add a bay leaf and salt. Bring to a boil first over high heat (until it starts to boil) and then over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
After they are cooked, take out the vegetables with a spatula with holes and mix them in a kitchen processor. Not before removing the bay leaf and larch. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth (strained) and mix once more.
Strain the broth and cauliflower puree back into the pan. Keep the pan on low heat, and in the meantime mix the coconut milk with a tablespoon of cornstarch and incorporate into the soup. In the classic recipe of cauliflower cream soup put 2-3 potatoes for texture. I, as usual, try to reduce the caloric intake of the dishes I cook. That's why I replace potatoes with a tablespoon of cornstarch
Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. The soup is ready!
Serve hot soup, sprinkled with raw olive oil and rye bread croutons!
Cauliflower cream soup - everything you need to know about the recipeâ & # x20AC; & # x2122;
- It is a very fragrant and special soup, perfect for family meals and to impress any guest!
- Do not omit the spices, they give it color and flavor!
- Instead of white potatoes you can use sweet potatoes or a combination of both varieties of potatoes.
- Coconut milk gives a special creaminess to the soup and a subtle aroma. If you can't find it or you don't like its aroma, you can replace it with sweet cream for cooking.
- If the cauliflower cream soup is too thick the next day, after sitting in the fridge, you just have to heat it up and add a little more chicken / vegetable soup.
- The simplest perfect croutons for cauliflower cream soup? Bread cubes (it can also be hard bread, from yesterday, which you recycle) sprinkled with a little olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic and herbs. Mix well and bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 ° C.
- What else goes perfectly with your soup? Slices of crispy bacon, which you fry in a non-stick pan, without a drop of oil.
Ingredients for 6-8 servings Cauliflower cream soup:
- medium cauliflower (about 1 kg before being cleaned)
- 3 medium white potatoes (about 400g)
- 50ml olive oil
- a white onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 400ml coconut milk or sweet cream for cooking
- 500ml chicken or vegetable soup
- Spices: (½ teaspoon each): ginger, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, salt, pepper, cumin
- a spoonful of brown sugar
Preparation Cauliflower cream soup:
- First we take care of the preparation of the ingredients: we clean the cauliflower and cut it into bouquets. We wash the potatoes, peel them, cut them into cubes the size of cauliflower bunches. Peel an onion and cut it into small pieces. Peel a squash, grate it and chop it finely.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, heat the onion until it becomes glassy. Add the garlic, heat them together, stirring often, so that the garlic does not brown and become bitter.
- Add the spices and brown sugar. Mix well, let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Quench everything with coconut milk and chicken / vegetable soup.
Preparation Cauliflower cream soup:
5. Put all the ingredients in the pot Crock-Pot slow cooker: potatoes, cauliflower, mixture with onion and coconut milk. We mix. We set the device to LOW function for 6 hours, during which time we can take care of something else or… go to the officeâ & # x20AC; & # x2122;
6. When the soup is ready, all we have to do is use a blender (I used a vertical one) to turn the soup into… cauliflower cream soup!
7. For serving, garnish the soup with finely chopped green parsley, toast (or croutons), slices of fried bacon.
Cauliflower cream soup with almond milk
I don't know how it is with you, but in my house it's quite cool, and during this period my body asked me to warm up. So I drank a lot of tea (I really like to sit with a cup of tea next to me and work), and today I pampered myself with a cauliflower cream soup.
If you have almond milk already prepared, it takes about 20 minutes for the whole operation.
300 gr cauliflower
a white onion
approx. 100 gr celery root
approx. 2 cups almond milk
pink himalaya salt (to taste)
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
pepper (to taste)
ground coriander (to taste)
After we clean the cauliflower, celery, potato and onion, we boil them. After they have boiled, separate them from the water and put them in a blender.
Add the spices: salt, ginger, pepper, coriander, garlic, pour the almond milk and process until creamy.
Pour the soup into the bowl and add a lot of chopped fresh parsley, so we have something green and raw.
Delicious. I declare myself totally satisfied. Now that I've warmed up, I'm back to work.
Cauliflower cream soup
A tablespoon of butter
A large, finely chopped onion
A large cauliflower (approx. 900g), cleaned of leaves and cut into pieces
A peeled and diced potato
700 ml vegetable soup (or obtained from 1 commercial cube of concentrate)
400 ml of milk
100 grams of ripe ceddar cheese
Method of preparation:
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, chewing frequently for 5 minutes. Then add the cauliflower, potato, vegetable broth, milk and season with salt and a little pepper. Let it simmer until it starts to boil, then reduce it and simmer for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower becomes soft and the potato is too hot.
Mix everything with a blender until you get a thick and creamy soup. If you want (according to taste) you can thin it a little more with milk.
You can prepare it in advance up to 2 days in advance and keep it cold in the fridge, or you can freeze it for up to 1 month. When it is ready to be served, heat it, put it in bowls and grate the cheese on top, then mix it and serve. Optionally you can serve it with croutons.
Lentil cream soup with ginger and coconut milk
Good luck my dears! I remember perfectly the day of January 31, 2016, I was in the port of Eminonu, somewhere around 12 o'clock, it was a wind that passes through you, I think that through the ski suit, we were going to embark to go to Princess Island, we had more well than an hour to wait. It wasn't just freezing in front of the boarding gate and we thought we'd go somewhere to have a tea to warm up. Being very close to the Spice Bazaar, of course it was a big bustle, tourists looking for different things, sellers inviting you to taste you wonder what, but also many curious. The first intersection of the bazaar 3 pubs on one corner, spacious snow, but enough space for 15-20 people, all lusting inside. I chose the youngest, considering I only wanted tea, but a boy was chopping onions. Curious by nature, I followed him, then I talked to him, solving the mystery, lentil soup. There was no need for a recipe, I had only seen what it does and I didn't even get to taste it then, but the next day I came back and not only did I taste it but I ate two portions, a soup so good that today I make at least one once a month. But now I leave you to consult the list of ingredients and the simple way to prepare a soup ready in half an hour, tasty and very healthy.
How to make lentil cream soup with coconut milk and lime
- Red lentils 250 g
- Onions 100 g
- Garlic 3-4 puppies
- 100 ml olive oil
- Carrots 250 g
- Ginger 2 cm
- Chili Flakes 1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Curry 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk 400 ml (1 can, full fat)
- Lime 3 pcs for serving
- Parsley a few leaves for decoration
Method of preparation:
We clean the vegetables and cut them coarsely.
In a large pot, put the olive oil, vegetables, a little salt and fry them well until soft, over low heat.
Put the lentils over the vegetables and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Add about 2.5 liters of water and simmer until all ingredients are soft and suitable to mix.
Add coconut milk and spices and salt if needed.
In a blender, mix the cream well until you get a creamy and creamy consistency. Be very careful, if you mix with a blender that has an airtight lid, you must let it melt at room temperature, otherwise there is a risk of the vessel exploding due to pressure or you can mix with a vertical one if you hurry.
After mixing, bring it to a boil and it is ready to be served with squeezed lime juice. I increase my work and my appetite